Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Someone understands me.

This morning, I was awoken at quarter til 9am. Somehow last evening, as soon as I hit the sheets, I was out. I didn't get any music playing, nor did I read any, nor did I set my alarm... I climbed into bed, only to find myself waking the next morning. I quickly got ready and also got a phone number for Lifeway (they double-charged me for Hillsong United's newest, by accident). Then it was over to the church to help my dad for a bit with hanging up some new curtains in the sanctuary. I left pretty quick, though, because I'm still trying to figure out the $120 in charges that I didn't make... The bank said to come back once they officially post, so I can file an affidavit and get my money back, which would still take 10-30 days, on top of the two days I have to wait for those charges to officially post.

I came home after that (with a brief stop by the post office), and worked on a couple job applications for golf courses around here. It'd be neat to get some work as a caddy or grounds maintenance person. I also started in on some recording. A friend of my dad's, well his daughter is putting together a CD or a demo or something, and I'm putting down some ideas for piano, synth and organ parts. It's a cool experience for sure, but something about this whole gig isn't sitting with me. Maybe it's just because it's yet another time-sucker when I really need to be working so I can pay off debt.
I ate some rice for dinner and read some of John, then my sister and I left for Fruit of the Vine (the homeless ministry I started last week). At several of our stops today, we actually walked and saw their camps. I can't really describe the feelings from seeing how they live: tents and plywood shacks set up deep into woods. I suppose speechless is the best description of how it left me. There was sadness over how little they have, amazement at their resolve to survive and thrive with what they have... It was just really... I still can't quite describe what seeing their "homes" did...
Altogether, it was a really great night, though. We had just enough food, also gave out toilet paper, socks, batteries and some clothes. I brought a ton of belts that I had amassed over the years but never wore. I'm gonna bring a bunch more clothes next week that I don't need, because these people do.
Erin and I got home around 10:15pm, and I talked to my parents for almost an hour. Then I went straight to bed. Or I blogged. But I'm probably just sleeping right now, as I have been for the last hour. You've only just imagined this post.

Currently Listening:
Iver - Citadel of Stars
(so beautiful)

No comments:

Post a Comment