Tuesday, June 2, 2009

It won't be long, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.

I'm finally aiming to be "caught up" with blogging!  (It's crazy, really, how I got behind within days of starting.)

   I shipped my laptop off for repairs yesterday, so I'm hoping to have it back in less than two weeks.  I'd like to add more RAM and install a bigger slave hard drive, but having a screen I can see will be a decent start.  It'll be nice to have my own computer again, with no restraints on the time I can use it.  Too, I can finally get around to editing my Europe pictures.
   Something else cool that happened yesterday, my dad and I went and got thirty gallons of gas for free at Giant Eagle.  That was sweet.  My dad does general contractor work; home repair and the sort.  He buys a lot of stuff at Home Depot.  If you buy enough stuff at Giant Eagle, they give you free gas, so he stocks up on Home Depot gift cards to use for work.  Then we take a car with an empty tank and several plastic containers to max out the thirty gallon limit.  It's awesome.

   This morning, I allowed myself to sleep in.  It's the first time I've been able to in awhile, so when I woke up around 6:30am, I just went back to sleep.  Then I finally got up around 9:45am to start my day.  I decided to finish reading Luke in my bed, even though my mornings of breakfast and quiet time in the backyard are delightful.  I'll try to resume that soon.  I really like reading through the gospels, seeing better how Jesus lived and related to people and served them.  I think I'm just going to keep rereading them, constantly.  I'm also planning on starting up the Psalms soon.  I'd like to get through those this summer.
   One of the most overwhelming thoughts for the past month has been how overwhelmingly Jesus loved sinners.  And when sinners found out how much Jesus loved them, they loved him in return.  They loved him to such a degree, they were transformed and wanted to give their sin up entirely!  When Zaccheus sensed the grace and love of Jesus, he "just stood there, a little stunned. He stammered apologetically, 'Master, I'll give away half my income to the poor—and if I'm caught cheating, I'll pay four times the damages.'"  The only time Jesus ever pissed people off was when those people were using God for their own gain (the money changers in the temple), abusing God's name to defend their snobbery and tradition (the Pharisees) , etc.  When people were using God's name to defend a law calling for stoning as a punishment to sin, Jesus steps in and forgives the sinner!  She feels so loved that she turns from her sins when Jesus asks.  Then he turns on the crowd and leaves them feeling embarrassed for being such hypocrites.
   "In war you shoot the enemy, not the hostage."  Can we, as Christians, stop blaming homosexuals and abortionists and murderers and Muslims and PEOPLE for the condition this world is in?  Nobody is to blame except Satan!  And when we start fighting with each other, Satan's got us fighting for him and against the message of love that God showed so plainly with Jesus!
   I hope my face is plastered on wanted posters all over Hell; this is one dude Satan isn't going to get.

   Once I finished Luke, I started to clean my room.  As is my flimsy nature of focus, I spent some time going back and forth between the computer and cleaning.  Granted, I did update the blog for yesterday in that time.  I also got my record player hooked back up, so I was jammin' to some awesome vinyl all day.  Around 3pm, I ground to a halt, showered, and left for church at 4pm.  I hung out with a John Wirtz and Hamilton Hardin (the Media Arts Director and Music Director) for a bit, then reset the stage for a rehearsal.  There was a quick break where John and I set up some equipment for a Lacrosse Banquet happening in another room, then I got back to business.  About 6pm, the guys all arrived to rehearse.  Our church is doing a live worship recording in a couple weeks, so they were practicing for that.  After they got going, I read some, internetted some and did a few odd jobs relating to gear organization and video archiving.  They finished practicing about 9pm, and once everything was packed up and shut down, I came home.  Now, here I sit, finishing another post and finally on track again.
   As always, if anything I've said sparks your mind, please feel free to comment.

Currently listening:
Spring Awakening soundtrack

1 comment:

  1. The image of your face plastered on the walls of hell made me giggle for some reason.

    I'm not sure if I;m correct for doing that, or if it's totally inappropriate...but there it is.

    ReplyDelete